The African diaspora : a musical perspective / edited by Ingrid Monson.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Berklee College of Music.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Main Library||ML3760.1 .A37 2000||37684000718633||Library Stacks||Copy hold / Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0815323824 (alk. paper)
- Physical Description: viii, 366 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Garland Pub., 2000.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographic references and index.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Jazz performance as ritual: the blues aesthetic and the African diaspora / Travis A. Jackson -- Communities of style: musical figures of Black diasporic identity / Veit Erlmann -- Jazz on the global stage / Jerome Harris -- Women, music, and the "mystique" of hunters in Mali / Lucy Durán -- Mamaya: renewal and tradition in Maninnka music of Kankan, Guinea (1935-45) / Lansiné Kaba and Eric Charry -- Concepts of neo-African music as manifested in the Yoruba folk opera / Akin Euba -- They just need money: goods and gods, power and truth in a west African village / Steven Cornelius -- Militarism in Haitian music / Gage Averill and Yuen-Ming David Yih -- Musical revivals and social movements in contemporary Martinique: ideology, identity, ambivalence / Julian Gerstin -- Art Blakey's African diaspora / Ingrid Monson.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Blacks > Music > History and criticism.
Music > Africa > History and criticism
Search for related items by series
- Garland reference library of the humanities ; v. 1995. Critical and cultural musicology ; v. 3
- Garland reference library of the humanities v. 1995.
- Garland reference library of the humanities. Critical and cultural musicology v. 3.