Understanding and using English grammar.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Berklee College of Music.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
View other formats and editions
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Library Reserve Desk||PE1128 .A93 2009||37684001076820||Library Reserve Desk||Not holdable||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780132333337 (with audio)
- ISBN: 0132333333 (with audio)
- ISBN: 9780132333313 (with audio and answer key)
- ISBN: 0132333317 (with audio and answer key)
- ISBN: 9780132333306 (student book a)
- ISBN: 0132333309 (student book b)
- Physical Description: xiii, 530 p. : col. ill. ; 26 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Edition: 4th ed. / Betty S. Azar, Stacy A. Hagen.
- Publisher: White Plains, N.Y. : Pearson Education, c2009.
Material for LENG-105 (D. Bennett and P. Bennet) and LENG-106 (D. Bennett, P. Bennet).
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Overview of verb tenses -- Present and past; simple and progressive -- Perfect and perfect progressive tenses -- Future time -- Review of verb tenses -- Subject-verb agreement -- Nouns -- Pronouns -- Modals, part 1 -- Modals, part 2 -- The passive -- Noun clauses -- Adjective clauses -- Gerunds and infinitives, part 1 -- Gerunds and infinitives, part 2 -- Coordinating conjunctions -- Adverb clauses -- Reduction of adverb clauses to modifying adverbial phrases -- Connectives that express cause and effect, contrast, and condition -- Conditional sentences and wishes.
The classic text for intermediate through advanced students provides a clear, visual presentation of grammar in terms easily understandable to students. Grammar explanations teach situationally appropriate English, both formal and colloquial and make distinctions between British and American usage. Each presentation is followed by graded activities that promote speaking, listening, and writing skills. --from publisher description
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||English language > Textbooks for foreign speakers
English language > Grammar > Problems, exercises, etc.