I'm your man : the life of Leonard Cohen / Sylvie ... Read More
- 1 of 1 copy available at Berklee College of Music.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
- ISBN: 9780061994982 (hardcover) :
- ISBN: 0061994987 (hardcover) :
- Physical Description: vi, 570 p., 16 p. of plates : ill., ports. ; 24 ... Read More
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Ecco Press/HarperCollins Publishers, c2012.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -558) ... Read More
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Born in a suit -- House of women -- Twenty ... Read More
In this biography the author explores the facets ... Read More
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cohen, Leonard, 1934-
Singers > Canada > Biography.
Rock musicians > Canada > Biography.
Composers > Canada > Biography.
Poets, Canadian > 20th century > Biography.
In this biography the author explores the facets of Cohen's life from his early childhood in Montreal, to his entree into the worlds of literature and music, his immersion in Jewish culture, obsession with Christian imagery, and deep commitment to Buddhist detachment, including the five years he spent at a monastery outside of Los Angeles and his ordainment as a Rinzai Zen Buddhist Monk.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -558) and index.