Webster's New World Roget's A-Z thesaurus / Charlton Laird and the editors of Webster's New World dictionaries ; Michael Agnes, editor in chief.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/description/wiley038/99013475.html - Publisher description
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/wiley022/99013475.html - Table of contents
- 1 of 1 copy available at Berklee College of Music.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Valencia Main Library||PE1591 .R64 1999||37684001069771||Valencia Stacks||Copy hold / Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0028631226 (thumb-indexed)
- ISBN: 9780028631226 (thumb-indexed)
- ISBN: 0028632818 (leatherkraft)
- ISBN: 9780028632810 (leatherkraft)
- ISBN: 0028631234 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9780028631233 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: xxxiii, 894 p. ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Macmillan USA, c1999.
Rev. ed. of: Webster's New World thesaurus. c1997.
"A Webster's New World book"--T.p. verso.
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Staff -- Guide to the Use of the Thesaurus -- Roget's Thematic Index -- Thesaurus -- Supplementary Word Lists.
"Based on an alphabetical list of more than 30,000 of the words most commonly used by writers and speakers in America, Webster's New World Roget's A-Z Thesaurus suggests over 300,000 synonymous, related, and derived terms to help you say what you really mean to say. Entries include brief definitions to distinguish among the various senses of words and their related synonyms. Idioms of all sorts are included, an unusual and enriching feature in a thesaurus. Extensive synonym studies provide even deeper and more nuanced information, as well as examples invaluable for sure-footed usage guidance. Book jacket."--Jacket.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||English language > Synonyms and antonyms.