Spirit rising : my life, my music / Angélique Kidjo with Rachel Wenrick ; foreword by Desmond Tutu ; introduction by Alicia Keys
- 1 of 1 copy available at Berklee College of Music.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Main Library||ML420.K4712 A3 2014||37684001080505||Library Stacks||Copy hold / Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0062071793 (hardback)
- ISBN: 9780062071798 (hardback)
- Physical Description: 255 pages : illustrated (some color), portraits ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: New York : HarperDesign an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, .
- Copyright: ©2014.
The singer, songwriter, and activist shares her story of escape from Africa, where her voice was censored by the Communist regime, to become a Grammy Award-winning, Billboard-topping musician and UNICEF Ambassador.
Introduction -- Opening: Seeing new worlds -- Ready for the revolution -- The musician's life -- Say it loud -- Motherhood and Mother Earth -- Back to Benin -- Voodoo child -- The messenger -- Mutoto Kwanza -- Batonga -- My father's voice -- Epilogue -- Recipes.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Kidjo, Angélique, 1960-
Singers > Benin > Biography.