In heaven everything is fine : the unsolved life of Peter Ivers and the lost history of New wave theatre / Josh Frank with Charlie Buckholtz.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0835/2008002943-d.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0835/2008002943-s.html - Sample text
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0835/2008002943-t.html - Table of contents only
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0901/2008002943-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- 1 of 1 copy available at Berklee College of Music.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Main Library||ML420.I93 F73 2008||37684001052819||Library Stacks||Copy hold / Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781416551201
- ISBN: 1416551204
- Physical Description: xix, 327 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 1st Free Press hardcover ed.
- Publisher: New York : Free Press, 2008.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -311) and index.
On March 3, 1983, Peter Ivers was found murdered in his loft, ending a short-lived but essential pop cultural moment. For the previous two years, Ivers had hosted the underground LA-based music and sketch-comedy cable show New Wave Theatre, which brought together comedians-turned-Hollywood players like John Belushi, Chevy Chase, and Harold Ramis with West Coast punk rockers Black Flag, the Dead Kennedys, Fear, and others--transforming music and comedy forever. The show was a jubilant, chaotic cabaret, and Ivers was its charismatic leader and muse. He was, in fact, the only person with the vision, the generosity of spirit, and the myriad of talented friends to bring together these two very different but equally influential worlds, and with his death the improbable and electric union came to an end. This is the first book to explore both that fertile, gritty scene and the life and death of its guiding spirit.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
Rock musicians > United States > Biography